Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16593 Discussions

"Triple Speed Ethernet mac initialization" error while executing simple socket server in max 10 development kit from Altera.

rn0001
Beginner

Hai,

Im working in Quartus prime standard 18.1. I downloaded Quartus 17.1 NIOS II simple socket server example project and migrated to Quartus 18.1 as by reading forums i understood that SGDMA IP has to change to MSGDMA IP for higher versions. but while running nios II hardware im facing issue with "TSE_MAC_INIT" error and im getting two warnings:

1. Mapping of PHY to MAC failed! Make sure the PHY address is defined correctly in tse_mac_device[] structure, and number of PHYs connected is equivalent to number of channel.
  2.  Number of PHY connected is not equal to the number of channel, Number of PHY : 2, Channel : 1.

I tried in many ways by changing the design in Platform designer(Qsys)..but i failed to solve the issue.

what could be the problem? wher im going wrong?

Please help me to solve this issue.

Please find the attached screenshot of the error.

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Roopa.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi rn0001,

Thank you for posting on Intel® Ethernet Communities.

We have a different forum for the specific issue that you are asking for assistance

We will move it to the Topic so it will get answered more quickly.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
ScottPRIGMORE
Employee

A link to the new forum post would be helpful.

0 Kudos