Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16597 Discussions

renewed Quartus floating licenses causing error in LMtools

booster94
Beginner

I recently received new licenses  for Quartus and added them to my existing license file (which also has keys for PADSVX) and I received the error

This license cannot be checked out because:
No such feature exists.

FlexNet Licensing error:-5,147

....for all Quartus licenses.

This was working fine with the older licenses AND I updated the lmtools, lmutil, lmgrid, alterad and mgcld files to the newer version I found on the Intel website which was 11.16.2 for all components except mgcld, which was 11.16.4.

Now most of the PADSVX licenses seem to work fine, but there are a couple lines that seems to throw this error too.  I'm not sure if that was the case prior to me updating lmtools and the other files or not, but it's only select line items for that program and not everything like it is for Quartus.

For troubleshooting sake, I tried with a clean license file that only had Quartus licenses and received the same results.

I did some Googling and came across a thread that sounded a lot like my issue here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Quartus-ModelSIM-FlexLM-Licensing-Error-5-147-No-Such-Feature/td-p/1279656?profile.language=pt

but the problem is that solution ended up being a rule within the windows firewall, however in my case it appears my predecessor had already completely turned off the windows firewall on this server and yet this problem persists,

I'm uncertain what to try next and need to get these license working ASAP.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. To further understand the issue, could you get me the:

1) Debug/error.log file

2) Error message screen shot

3) Screenshot of Quartus II>>tools>>license setup

4) Machine OS information

5) Quartus version used

6) Output of “lmutil lmstat –a –c <port>@<address>” server and client

7) License.dat file

For privacy, you can also reply/attach file in private message.

0 Kudos
booster94
Beginner

How do I send a private message?  I don't see an option to do that?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We PM you a private message.

0 Kudos
booster94
Beginner

Okay, great.  Has that happened?  I haven't received anything....

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

yes, done Private Message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

We PM you another private message. Hope you received it. 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos