Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

Error programming Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA Dev Kit (A PMBUS error has occurred during configuration)

Salma_M_Intel
Employee

Here is the error. I will attach the qsf file subsequently.

Info: Command: quartus_pgm -c 1 --mode=jtag top.cdf

Info (213045): Using programming cable "Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA Development Kit [1-12]"

Error (18950): Device has stopped receiving configuration data

Error (18948): Error message received from device: Detected hardware access error. There is a failure in accessing external hardware. (Subcode 0x0032, Info 0x00000000, Location 0x0000C400)

Error (20072): A PMBUS error has occurred during configuration. Potential errors: Incorrect VID setting in Quartus Project. The target device fails to communicate to smart regulator or PMBUS Master on board.

I am using Quartus 19.1

I am using Stratix 10 MX Dev Kit with Device: 1SM21BHU2F53E2VGS1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Salma_M_Intel
Employee

Attached is the qsf.

I am trying to use

1. the PCIe EP edge connector and
  2. QSFP ports (QSFP ports are using a QSFP28 DD cable in loopback)

Any help in what the problem could be would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Salma,

Based on the erro message, seems like inapropriate VID setting is set on your design. Can you please check on it?

You may refer to the Stratix 10 VID setting user guide at link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/stratix-10/ug-s10-pwr.pdf

Thank You

0 Kudos
Salma_M_Intel
Employee

Hi SooY, is this something that is available for you to review in the attached qsf file?

0 Kudos
rsing108
New Contributor I

Hi @Salma_M_Intel, were you able to resolve this problem? I am also running into the same set of errors too. 

0 Kudos