Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
445 Discussions

missing hwlib.h: No such file or directory

AAjit2
New Contributor I

The complete error message is as follows

$ make

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -g -Wall -Werror -std=c99 -Dsoc_cv_av -I/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include -I/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include/soc_cv_av -I/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include/soc_cv_av/ -c main.c -o main.o

main.c:63:19: fatal error: hwlib.h: No such file or directory

#include "hwlib.h"

^

compilation terminated.

make: *** [main.o] Error 1

From other forums I found out that including "cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include" and "cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include/soc_cv_av" should ideally solve the problem. But for some reason I still seem to be getting this error. If I go to this directory and list (ls) the files I can find hwlib.h but somehow the system is unable to do this.

Please help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi 

Please refer to a similar issue below 

https://forum.rocketboards.org/t/makefile-error-hwlib-h-no-such-file-or-directory/1966/2

please check whether commands used are properly spaced. 

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know whether the issue has been resolved after updating the commands. 

If not you can look in to a similar issue below and use the make file given in the thread to modify to your purposes.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Nios-II-Embedded-Design-Suite/missing-socal-folder/td-p/163375

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know whether any updates are there about this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos