Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite
Support for SoC FPGA Software Development, SoC FPGA HPS Architecture, HPS SoC Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
265 Discussions

missing hwlib.h: No such file or directory

AAjit2
New Contributor I

The complete error message is as follows

$ make

arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -g -Wall -Werror -std=c99 -Dsoc_cv_av -I/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include -I/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include/soc_cv_av -I/cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include/soc_cv_av/ -c main.c -o main.o

main.c:63:19: fatal error: hwlib.h: No such file or directory

#include "hwlib.h"

^

compilation terminated.

make: *** [main.o] Error 1

From other forums I found out that including "cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include" and "cygdrive/c/intelFPGA/18.1/embedded/ip/altera/hps/altera_hps/hwlib/include/soc_cv_av" should ideally solve the problem. But for some reason I still seem to be getting this error. If I go to this directory and list (ls) the files I can find hwlib.h but somehow the system is unable to do this.

Please help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi 

Please refer to a similar issue below 

https://forum.rocketboards.org/t/makefile-error-hwlib-h-no-such-file-or-directory/1966/2

please check whether commands used are properly spaced. 

Thanks and Regards

Anil

AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know whether the issue has been resolved after updating the commands. 

If not you can look in to a similar issue below and use the make file given in the thread to modify to your purposes.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Nios-II-Embedded-Design-Suite/missing-socal-folder/td-p/163375

Thanks and Regards

Anil

AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know whether any updates are there about this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Anil