Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
Discussion board focused on hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide extended code protection in solutions.

How to run server/client wolfSSL Linux Enclave Example

Guy_M_
Novice

Hi,

I downloaded the wolfssl source folder from: https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl.git.

I have built the libwolfssl.sgx.static.lib.a file with,
wolfssl debug, wolfssl benchmark and wolfcrypt enabled. 

with the following command:

make -f sgx_t_static.mk CFLAGS=-DDEBUG_WOLFSSL HAVE_WOLFSSL_BENCHMARK=1 HAVE_WOLFSSL_TEST=1

I was following the example in this link: https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl-examples/tree/master/SGX_Linux

and I'm stuck and the point where I'm supposed to run the server and the client with the

./App -s

and

./App -c

commands in the "/home/my_user/wolfssl"  directory.

it says "bash: ./App: No such file or directory".

how do I run the App file if it doesn't exist or maybe I should run a different file name?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Guy_M_
Novice

I have managed to solve it by using this commands:

to run the server: 

./examples/server/server

to run the client

./examples/client/client

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Guy_M_
Novice

I solved it by running this command

~/wolfssl$ ./examples/server/server -p 11111

and then I opened another terminal to run the same thing for the server part.

~/wolfssl$ ./examples/server/server -p 11111

0 Kudos
Guy_M_
Novice

I have managed to solve it by using this commands:

to run the server: 

./examples/server/server

to run the client

./examples/client/client

0 Kudos
Jacob_B_2
New Contributor I

Hi Guy,

After building the wolfSSL library the example then needs to be built that links to the library. Changing directories to wolfssl-examples/SGX_Linux and following the README there. It has the application App be built with something like the following command

make SGX_MODE=HW SGX_PRERELEASE=1 SGX_WOLFSSL_LIB=~/wolfssl/IDE/LINUX-SGX/ WOLFSSL_ROOT=~/wolfssl SGX_DEBUG=0 HAVE_WOLFSSL_BENCHMARK=1 HAVE_WOLFSSL_TEST=1

The SGX server and client should then be ran with ./App -c or ./App -s from the wolfssl-examples/SGX_Linux directory. The examples ./examples/server/server and ./examples/client/client are non-SGX examples bundled with the wolfSSL library. It would be okay having one end of the connection be ./examples/server/server or ./examples/client/client for testing but if using only ./examples/server/server and ./examples/client/client then the example SGX code would not be running. Technical questions or support with building and using wolfSSL with SGX can be asked through support@wolfssl.com.

Kind Regards,
Jacob

0 Kudos