Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Intel AMT IMSS fails on Windows 7

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7000 on a HP Compaq dc7900. I was able to successfully download and install the HECI 5.0 driver from HP's website.

The Intel Management and Security Status Application (IMSS), which is a separate download, fails to install, however. This means I can't install the virtual serial port driver, the Local Manageability Service, the User Notification Service, and the AMT status monitor application.

1. Is this application being updated for Windows 7?
  2. Is there a method of bypassing the operating system check on setup.exe? How can I trick it into thinking it's Windows Vista SP1?

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

In follow-up to this issue, I was able to install the IMSS on Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 using Windows Vista application compatibility mode on the setup executable. The application seems to be functioning normally, and is retrieving information from the local AMT firmware.

Both the User Notification Service (UNS), and the Local Manageability Service (LMS), installed without any issues, and are currently running. I don't see any indications of anomalies in their functionality.

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

excellent. I would like to see how that went.. any way to screen capture/video it? I believe the interface for the IMSS is the same, however have not touched windows 7 yet to see if there are any interop issues.

Josh H

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Josh,

I can take some screen captures when I get back to the office on Monday. The application looks the same as it did on Windows Vista and Windows XP, so there's nothing terribly different.

Is there anything you'd like me to verify functions on Windows 7? I think you'll see part of what you're looking for when I post screenshots. It detects the HECI driver, and can query the current provisioning state. Just FYI, this is all happening on a HP Compaq dc7900 AMT 5.0 system.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos