OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Bug in OpenCL kernel builder on Intel HD Graphics

Alexander_Karsakov

Hello. 

I found a curious bug in kernel builder of Intel OpenCL SDK (Version 2013 R3 64-bit) when it executes on Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Core i5 4570).

I write following kernel:

#define cn 1

__local uchar val1; val1 = 19;
__local uchar val2; val2 = 18;
__local uchar val3; val3 = 9;
__local uchar res; res = 255;
for (int c = 0; c < cn; ++c)
    if ( val2 > val1 || val3 < val1 )
        {
            res = 0;
            break;
        }

This is a simplified version of a piece of code of InRange function from OpenCV library. 

Correct value 'res' variable is 0, but I have 255. On other platforms (Intel CPU, NVIDIA, AMD) this code works correct. If remove 'break' this code works fine on all platforms. 

HD Graphics driver version: 9.18.10.3257

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Raghupathi_M_Intel

I verified that indeed the 3257 driver has the bug. Please update the driver and let us know.

Thanks,
Raghu

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Raghupathi_M_Intel

Hi Alexander,

The driver you are using is old. It is possible that there is a bug in that version, but I tested this on the latest driver on downloadcenter.intel.com (10.18.10.3345) and I get the correct result. Is it possible for you to update the driver and try again?

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos
Raghupathi_M_Intel

I verified that indeed the 3257 driver has the bug. Please update the driver and let us know.

Thanks,
Raghu

0 Kudos
Alexander_Karsakov

Hi Raghu,

I installed new version of HD graphics driver and this code works correctly. 

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos