OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Failed to initialize driver version from platform...: 0 (CL_SUCCESS)

chris_st
Beginner

Calling ioc64.exe with device=CPU results in "Failed to initialize driver version from platform...: 0 (CL_SUCCESS)".

Background: I'm running Windows 10 Education on an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU, and the OpenCL SDK and the newest OpenCL CPU runtime are installed and working.

I don't get this error if I set device=GPU, then everything works fine. And I didn't get this error a few weeks ago. In meantime I've upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
eddie_patton
New Contributor I

I am also having the same issue

Dell Inspiron 5567 Gen 7 with Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor with integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620. There are no other graphics cards.

Graphic driver 30.0.101.1660 3/18/2022

CPU Runtime w_opencl_runtime_p_2022.0.3.3747

SDK intel_sdk_for_opencl_applications_2020.3.494

Compiling the OpenCL template from above SDK (it is set to CPU target)

clinfo attached

MSVC 2019 output

Build started...
1>------ Build started: Project: CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Preprocessing: Template.cl
1>Using build options:  -I "C:\Users\epatt\source\repos\CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1"
1>C:\Users\epatt\source\repos\CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1\Template.cl : error CL: Failed to initialize driver version from platform...: 0 (CL_SUCCESS)
1>Build failed!
1>
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\system_studio_2020\OpenCL\sdk\BuildCustomizations\IntelOpenCL.targets(49,5): error MSB3721: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\system_studio_2020\OpenCL\sdk\bin\x86\ioc32.exe" -cmd=build -input="C:\Users\epatt\source\repos\CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1\Template.cl" -output="Debug\Template.out" -VS -device=CPU  -targetos=current            -bo="           "" exited with code -1073740791.
1>Done building project "CPUOpenCLProjectforWindows1.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

0 Kudos
cw_intel

Hi,

Could you use OpenCL CPU Runtime, instead of OpenCL SDK? Maybe there are some compatibility issues between OpenCL CPU Runtime and OpenCL SDK. Could you uninstall OpenCL SDK and try again?

Thanks

0 Kudos