Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

Issue with processor bottle necking while gaming.

DancingGoalie
Beginner

I’ve had this issue for awhile now but it’s gotten way worse recently making it so that I can’t play for more than about an hour before it’s starts doing this. Essentially what will happen is everything is fine my cpu is running at its usual load of about 80% and will then randomly drop to 20-30% and will cause massive FPS drops. For context this is a laptop with a intel i5-4200U inside it. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file (using the paperclip under the toolbar).

Doc

0 Kudos
DancingGoalie
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DancingGoalie,

To better assist you, we would like to have more information about your system configuration.

• Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool Version: 4.1.4.36 to check the health of the processor. Please let us know if it passes the test.
  • What are the games you are having this issue with?
  • When did this issue start to happen?
  • Install third-party applications available online to monitor GPU, CPU and RAM usage and temperatures while in-game. Please attach pictures to the thread.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello DancingGoalie,

If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We will be glad to help you.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
IntelSupport

Hello DancingGoalie,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos