Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
15527 Discussions

help, i need new processor but i don't found stock

ArnauVila
Beginner

Hi, I'm just upgrading my pc and recently I put a powerful graphics card on it, the rtx 3080 and well, the processor I have is at its limit with this card since it's the i7 7700k my idea was to change it for the i9 9900k but to my surprise I can't find stock and I don't understand much either, I would like a processor that is the same or the closest thing to the i9 9900k or, well, if it is more powerful but that works for me just the same and is not very expensive. My idea would be to be able to play ultra 4k, since I was looking to see what requirements the new modern warfare asked for and an rtx 3080 and the i9 9900k asked me for that, for the processor I had in mind more or less what this cost, which I think It was about €600, although if it's not much more expensive, I could look at it. The maximum I have for the processor would be €700, but I'm not moving from here since I'll also have to change the motherboard and my monthly salary is €800.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hola, estoy acabando de actualizar mi pc y hace poco le puse una tarjeta graphica potente la rtx 3080 y bueno el procesador que tengo esta al limite con esta tarjeta ya que es el i7 7700k mi idea era cambiarlo por el i9 9900k pero para mi sorpresa no encuentro stock y tampoco entiendo mucho, me gustaría un procesador que fuses igual o lo mas parecido al i9 9900k o bueno si es mas potente pero que me sirva igual y no sea muy caro. Mi idea seria de poder jugar ultra 4k, ya que estuve buscando para ver que requisitos pedía el nuevo modern warfare y  me pedía eso una rtx 3080 y el i9 9900k, para el procesador tenia en mente mas o menos lo que costaba este que creo que eran unos 600 €  aunque bueno si no es mucho mas caro podría mirarlo lo máximo máximo que tengo para el procesador seria 700 € pero de aquí no me muevo ya que también tendré que cambiar la placa base y mi sueldo mensual es de 800€ 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to consult with your motherboard/system manufacturer and ask them what processors are compatible with their motherboard bios.  Then, you can select from those processors.

An upgrade processor must be socket, chipset, and BIOS COMPATIBLE.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
ArnauVila
Beginner

la placa base la tendre de cambiar si o si por eso no sufras lo que necesito saber es que procesador me ira bien para mirar que socket tiene y entonces buscar una placa base para ese procesador.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'll have to change the motherboard if or if that's why you don't suffer. What I need to know is that the processor will go well for me to see what socket it has and then look for a motherboard for that processor.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Perhaps you should ask nvidia what processor they recommend to support their card.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos