Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

About MAXPLUS II

PHWES
Beginner

I am a college student who wants to work on a project with MAXPUS II. I would like to know about MAXPLUS II is not support. Because I can not download and get a license from Intel homepage. Please reply as soon as possible because my time is limited. Thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

MAXPLUSII is 20 year old software that is not supported for any current device. Instead, download the Intel Quartus Prime software:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/downloads/download-center.html

Surprise to me: MAX+PLUSII is actually available there if you select the tab: "Select by Software".

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Well, not really. ONLY the update files are present there, not the baseline files. So UNLESS you already have a baseline version you are SOL.

Quartus 13.0sp1 web edition is your best bet for the last Quartus version that supports many of the earlier devices (like MAX7000/3000), Cyclone I, etc.

I keep an install of 13.0sp1 around for older device support, and 16.0++ for newer devices.

The OP does not mention what device/family he is interested in, it would help to know to make a recommendation. People when posting supply LOTS of info.

0 Kudos