Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

Altera USB BLASTER is not recognized in device manager

INITDONE
Beginner

USB Blaster is not recognized correctly in the device manager and it showing warning symbol. and device is not started with below  error massage

Device USB\VID_09FB&PID_6001\91d28408 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem33.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Service: AlteraUSBBlaster
Lower Filters:
Upper Filters:
Problem: 0x27
Problem Status: 0xC000007B

Can you please help me to resolve the Issue. I am using Intel Quartus 17.1 version , to resolve the issue I Installed / reinstalled and restarted the PC many times but it is not helping me to resolve the Issue.

and the below error massage on the general Tab on the device manager

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

Thanks,

Ramesh S

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It might be due to the problem with the Quartus. Can you try the workaround in the KDB below?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000087354.html

Or you can also install the latest version of Quartus.

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It might be due to the problem with the Quartus. Can you try the workaround in the KDB below?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000087354.html

Or you can also install the latest version of Quartus.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
INITDONE
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I am using Intel quartus 17.1 standard edition version, I tried this solution with Intel quartus 18.1 standard edition as well as Intel quartus 16.1 standard edition but still same error is occurring.

If you have any driver which will resolve this issue please share , I will try with that driver.

INITDONE_0-1673237043035.png

Please help me to resolve the issue .

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh.

0 Kudos
INITDONE
Beginner

Hi  Aiman , Ak6dn 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Intel USB Blaster is working on windows 10 version 21H2  with  Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition Software version 21.1 drivers.

Older software version also working with 21.1 drivers , just replaced the old driver folder with 21.1 driver and it is started working fine.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh S.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

What version/release of Windows are you using?

Rather important to know this to help you resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
INITDONE
Beginner

Hi,

I am using  windows 10 version 21H2 .

Thanks,

Ramesh

0 Kudos
INITDONE
Beginner

Hi Ak6dn , Aiman

while updating the driver for USB Blaster , I get the below error, may be the below error will help you to understand my issue.

INITDONE_0-1673342408641.png

INITDONE_1-1673342418124.png

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We do have some problem with expired license for some Quartus version. Can you try the patch in below link;

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000086243.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos