Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Avalon interface verification problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello good people, I have a test program which is simply some procedure to write data in avalon master bfm and will read it in an avalon slave bfm. The compilation is done without any error but in the simulation result it is not writing the data to avalon master bfm according to the test program. Can you please take a look and tell me what could be the problem here? Here I attach my relevant files. 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If these are two separate BFMs, they should have two separate BFM IDs. You are using 0 for both. That's one issue. I don't know if it's the main issue you have but it could be.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I changed the BFMM ID as they are separate. But still same problem exists. I think there are a causal link i am missing to write the data into master. It would be nice if you can take a look one more time and if find any other problem. 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, look at Dave's example of using Avalon BFM https://alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32952

I think there you may have to wait for get_response_queue_size() != 1 before launching pop_response. 

Yeah, Altera/Intel folks start answering user's questions.
0 Kudos