Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20639 Discussions

CISCO want to return back a field failed device back to Altera/Intel for FA. Can you please support this FA and perform root cause investigation for this part failure? Thank you.

LLow0
Beginner

FA#:

CISCO PN: 16-4174-01

MPN: EP4CGX30CF23C8N(ALTERA)

Date code: 1713

Lot code: VAAAF53171

Qty: 1 piece

The customer fabric card was not booting up. Tried power off and bring it online but still the card was not booting up and not detected. Upon checking IOFPGA bootup using internal console, FA found out that IOFPGA was not detected and cannot fully bootup. Perform Xray on IOFPGA, U1 and found no abnormalities. Reflowed IOFPGA U1 and still the failure persists. After replaced IOFPGA U1 and the Fabric card able to boot up normally and pass functional tests. By remount this part onto another board and re-test it, the same failure is still encountered. Therefore, the failure of the board was isolated to this IOFPGA component failure. Enclosed is the FA details and photo of this part.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LLow0
Beginner

Please kindly support this FA and share the shipment details to us so that we can arrange the shipment later. Thank you.

0 Kudos
LLow0
Beginner

Please kindly give a respond for this FA request. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Hey LLow0 you do realize you are posting in a PUBLIC forum where any random Joe with an account here can see your posts. Including all of Cisco's competitors.

I suggest you go thru the standard Cisco INTERNAL FAE route to handle Cisco specific product failure resolution.

ex-Cisco

Don

0 Kudos
LLow0
Beginner

Sorry about it and miss out this point.

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee
Hi LLow0, I will continue support your ERMA request through private message. Please do let me know if you do not receive it. Thanks! Regards, Zawani
0 Kudos
LLow0
Beginner

Hi Zawani,

We have shipped this part to you under tracking number: HAWB 1MDWF00011416. Please kindly confirm whether you have received the part. Thank you.

Best regards,

Lay Foon

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi LLow0,

I received your package and ERMA#27372 has been created.

We will update you the progress by private message.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

We believed this case has been resolved.

Have a great day!

Wani

0 Kudos
LLow0
Beginner

Yes, you can close the case now. Thank you.

0 Kudos