Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Cannot login properly to myAltera

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I had a myAltera account for a few years but I can no longer log in with it. Is this a temporary issue? I had a variety of outcomes, including: 

* Basic "Authentication failed" messages 

* Then after clearing cookies and retrying on Mac, eventually got a login that took me to "myAltera Home" but clicking "Manage profile" link went nowhere (was my account not properly migrated to SSO or something?) 

* In this crippled login I also could not download Quartus, getting an Authentication failed JSON message 

* I could not reset password (nothing appeared to happen, it left me on the form). 

Basically every single feature and page related to login and authentication failed to work. 

There is also a broken link to password reset, on an account help page. 

--Toby
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

...And now I see an "under maintenance" error from my Windows machine, but NOT from my Mac, so probably cookie related...

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

…and Creating a new account isn't an option; that's broken as well. After entering email address just takes me to a page with nothing on it other than branding. (Tried on both OS X and Windows, with cleared cookies). 

Also reproduced the "MyAltera Home" and hanging "Manage Your Profile" problem on Windows as well as Mac. Downloads broken on both ("Authentication failed" and JSON data), regardless of whether I choose Akamai or Direct Download.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

(I did get password reset emails, not that this gets me anywhere)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Probably just Intel breaking the login page *again*. They seem to do that with surprising regularity. 

Anyway, just wait a couple of days and it will probably start working again.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Probably just Intel breaking the login page *again*. They seem to do that with surprising regularity. 

Anyway, just wait a couple of days and it will probably start working again. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hm, I think they recently added this maintenance message? I guess it's connected to the problems. 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14184&stc=1
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, it is not maintenance stuff, they changed (as announced ;-) ) the Login to now use the E-Mail address rather the Pseudonym as all the years before. 

Thus you will no longer be able to login using your Pseudo
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Well, it is not maintenance stuff, they changed (as announced ;-) ) the Login to now use the E-Mail address rather the Pseudonym as all the years before. 

Thus you will no longer be able to login using your Pseudo 

--- Quote End ---  

Clearly not the issue; when I was trying to log in, it was BEFORE the deadline for changeover and everything was broken. 

THEN they added a maintenance notice. 

It looks very much like a bungled transition. I can only hope things actually work again in a few days.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Seems to be up and running again.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, blame on me - I missed to read the attached notice completely. But at least since yesterday, 9th October you need to use the E-Mail to Login

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Previous account if your email is filled for password reset purpose(I forgot it is compulsory or not), then you can retrieve back your account at anytime using password reset, otherwise you will end up need to register a new account using email. For my case, I can use the reset password send to my gmail, and login using that xxx@gmail.com after 1 year no login, but my creation date changed to the date I reset, I don't know why, anyway, I can login and I just don't care.

0 Kudos