Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

[Cyclone V] Model number corresponding to Pin Name

dexterlee_92
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to use the Cyclone V IBIS model file. While looking at the Pin Information for Cyclone V, it is unclear which model stated in the IBIS file should be used for which Pins. 

For example, for the 2 pins stated below is what I would like to analyze in Keysight ADS tool. It is not stated in the IBIS file, as the IBIS file model are defined in the format <I/O Standard>_<I/O>_<Features>, instead of the pins details as shown below. Capture.JPG

Could you provide any guidance on how one should identify correctly the model names stated in the IBIS file should be associated with the Pin information for Cyclone V?

Thank you. for your help!

Best Regards,
Dexter Lee

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Dexter Lee,

Based on information below, you are using Cyclone V E 5CEFA9 Device.

For Cyclone V E 5CEFA9 Device (F484), it have 64 Modular I/O Banks. (refer page 129)

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-v/cv_5v2.pdf#page=129

Basically, Modular I/O banks have independent power supplies in which it allow each bank to support different I/O standards. And each modular I/O bank can support multiple I/O standards that use the same VCCIO and VCCPD voltages. 

Therefore, the pins H15 & H16 (f484) model is depend on the I/O standard you assigned for you design.

For example, you set Vccio=1.8V and Vccpd=2.5V for I/O bank 7A. Then, for pins H15 & H16 you set as I/O standard 1.8 V LVCMOS. 

Thus, the IBIS model you need to use is 1.8V-LVMOS (18_XXX_XXX).

XXX is depend on how much Programmable Drive Strength and what type of on-chip termination you would like to use.

I hope this will helps.

Thanks

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
Koji-san
Beginner

On top of that, how should I use the HSPICE model in Cyclone 5 for SI simulation?Is it for S-parameter or transient? I ask this question because I cannot open up the HSPICE encrypted model to look into it.

Koji-san_0-1598257167863.png

0 Kudos