Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

Cyclone V PCIe/DMA issues

Seadog
Beginner

I have a Cyclone V design with the the V-Series Avalon-MM DMA for PCI Express (yeah, I know it's been obsoleted, tell my S/W colleagues that).  I did the first build with QPS 17.1; there have been other issues, which I have worked around.  But now I see failures in simulation of Read DMA operations (from system memory to local memory); the failures include both corrupted address and weird Avalon-MM protocol behavior, both from the local memory avalon master interface from the PCIe/DMA core.

I tried again, using QPS 19.1.  In this case, the design would not load into the simulator, due to missing modules.

Is this macro a dead end?  Thanks.

Failure details are in the attachment.

Environment: Windows 10, ModelSim DE64 V. 10.7a

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SengKok_L_Intel

The Cyclone V PCIe AVMM DMA IP is not available in v19.1std, so you might not able to run the simulation in v19.1std

I'm using the example design (pcie_de_ep_dma_g2x4_cv.qsys) in the link below to generate the simulation testbench in v18.0std (v17.1std is not installed here), and it is passing the simulation.

\ip\altera\altera_pcie\altera_pcie_hip_256_avmm\example_design\cv

Perhaps we can start the debug with this example design to determine if the same problem can also be observed before jump into the detail of your design.

Regards -SK

0 Kudos
SengKok_L_Intel

If further support is needed in this thread, please post a response within 15 days. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos