Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

Cyclone V typical core current

AAEE
Beginner

For Intel Altera Cyclone V P/N: 5CGXC5 C6F27I7N,

What is the FPGA typical core current and power allocation and what is the worst case core current and power consumption? I was able to find this information on the datasheet. I am using a 1.1V LDO, 2.5V LDO from a 3.3V power supply and the FPGA is the only load connected to LDOs.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

It depends a LOT on your clock rate and the logic design; ie, what is the device doing in terms of logic, memory, etc usage.

Average core power could range from close to zero to many watts depending upon usage.

Have you tried using the power analysis tools Quartus provides for your particular design?

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Yes as mentioned by the other community member you will have to use the power analysis to figure that out.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AAEE
Beginner

I have tried using the EPE Spreadsheet. But it takes the Family: Cyclone V but doesn't show the the correct device and package types.

It only show several versions of the Cyclone IV Device as : EP4CGX...  and Package|: F14 (F169) in dropdown menu and doesn't update for the Cyclone V options. Is there a way to change these values or is there a protected sheet password to change values ?

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

It is available. Please make sure you download the spreadsheet and press 'Enable Content' to make changes on the Excel.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos