Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Error regarding OPAE-SDK

KNGanendraMurthy
Beginner

Hi all,

I have installed OPAE-SDK,I am connecting Intel Arria 10GX FPGA through PCIe.I am facing an error,I have attached it as a screenshot below.Kindly,provide any solution for the above problem.

Thanks&Regards

KN Ganendra Murthy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
skbeh
Employee

Hi KN Ganendra Murthy

As I understand it, you are using OPAE-SDK and encountered PCIe enumeration failure, PCIe link is not up.

Here are some things to check:

1) Not sure you are using one of the Intel Arria 10 development kit, or your own designed hardware.

2) To narrow down it is PCIe design issue or Ubuntu OPAE-SDK issue, the suggestion is you can download the Arria 10 PCIe example design from below link and verify the link-up.

3) If you are using your own designed board, port over above example design to your board by changing the settings such as device OPN and PCIe pin-out.

0 Kudos
skbeh
Employee
0 Kudos
KNGanendraMurthy
Beginner

Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I am using Arria 10 GX PAC Card. I am working on  with Hifive Sifive Unmatched Board which has a RISC-V CPU as SoC and a PCI express support. I am connecting the PAC card to the RISC-V CPU Board through PCI express. I am using Ubuntu 21.10 OS to boot up the RISC-V CPU. I am trying to program Intel PAC Card through RISC-V CPU using PCI interface.

On RISC-V CPU Ubuntu 21.10 OS terminal, `lspci` command is displaying the PAC card information. I am attaching the respective output

Output of lspci command on RISC-V CPUOutput of lspci command on RISC-V CPU

I have installed OPAE-SDK. I am facing the error when I run `sudo fpgainfo fme` command. I am getting the following error.

Output of sudo fpgainfo fme command on RISC-V CPU OS TerminalOutput of sudo fpgainfo fme command on RISC-V CPU OS Terminal

Kindly provide suitable solution to the problem.

0 Kudos
skbeh
Employee

As I understand it, the OPAE SDK driver installation was not successful in your Ubuntu machine.
Kindly install the OPAE directly with the  procedures in this webpage (opae.github.io)
https://opae.github.io/latest/docs/install_guide/installation_guide.html

or  

follow the instructions at https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug-qs-ias-v1-1.pdf

0 Kudos