Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Example using Stratix NX's Tensor Block

aman26kbm
Novice

Are there any examples available that show how to use the Stratix NX's Tensor Block? I am looking for Verilog code for a simple application like say a small matrix-vector multiplication or a small convolution problem.  I want to see how to instantiate the Tensor Block and orchestrate the computation around it. Please let me know if there are any appnotes or some example code that I could use. Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can get the example design from https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/640354?wapkw=NPU. If you do not have access to it then please contact your local sales or FAE.

You can get the white paper from https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/a1153843-beyond-peak-performance-white-paper.pdf where it is based on the example design.

0 Kudos
aman26kbm
Novice

Thanks, John. Appreciate your quick response. I don't have access to the material on that link. I'll try to contact our university liaison (I'm not sure if we have a FAE). 

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Sure, please contact your university. You should have a contact person if they purchase the board with Intel.

0 Kudos
aman26kbm
Novice

Gotcha. I am enquiring with my professor. I'll provide an update when I hear back. Thanks for helping out.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you have any update from your professor?

0 Kudos
aman26kbm
Novice

Thanks for checking in, John. Through a series of emails, I was able to get in touch with Eriko Nurvitadhi (one of the co-authors of the paper linked in an earlier post). I had a discussion with him earlier today and explained the background of my request (comparing Tensor Block to other alternatives for my research) and described what I am looking for (small application examples using Tensor Block instead of the full NPU design). Eriko mentioned that he will check internally and see if there is something that can be publicly shared. 

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am glad to hear that you are able to get in contact with Eriko. May I know if you have any other question that you need help?

0 Kudos
aman26kbm
Novice

I don't have any other question at the moment. Please feel free to transition this thread to community support. Appreciate your help, John.

0 Kudos