Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Generating encrypted bitstream

bonelli
Beginner

Hello,

My board is using Arria 10 + MT25QU256 (ASx4 mode). I'm using Quartus 20.1, standard licence.

I'm carefully following this topic

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/bhc1410500804155.html#bhc1410500756183

But at step 7.i, there is no " Bitstream Encryption" dialog box and no "Generate encrypted bitstream" available but only an option for compression.

Also, what should be indicated for "programming file type"? None of jbc, jam, svf or ekp file formats are available.

Any help appreciated

Kind regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Per you description, I believe you have followed the right steps.

1. Can you attached the screenshot of SOF file properties?
  2. Are you using a temporary license?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
bonelli
Beginner

arria sof.PNG

I'm using the standard edition of Quartus, using the licence server of my company.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

By license server from your company, did you mean license file obtain from Intel FPGA?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
bonelli
Beginner

I have an environment variable called LM_LICENSE_FILE pointing to the license server, allowing Quartus to run in standard mode. Do I need another licence to unlock the encryption tools?

0 Kudos
BrutishGrape
Beginner

@bonelli wrote: RapidFS

I have an environment variable called LM_LICENSE_FILE pointing to the license server, allowing Quartus to run in standard mode. Do I need another licence to unlock the encryption tools?

Many thanks for that complete information!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you check license expired that at license.dat file? Also, is the license use is permanent license or not?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos