Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Hi, The Quartus Prime programmer Pro doesn't find the device on board 1SM21BHU2F53E2VGS1 but lists devices 1SM21BHU2S... there is no F devices on the list. Using Quartus Prime Pro 19.1 or 18.1 How can I select the right device. Thanks, Des

DValk1
Beginner

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Dessislav,

Even we don't have(1SM21BHU2S) S in the device list. You have to select 1SM21BHU2S1 and try.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
DValk1
Beginner

Hi Anand,

The missing part number is 1SM21BHU2F... and it is not listed.

Thanks,

Des

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Des,

Are you using a development kit can you confirm ?

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos
DValk1
Beginner

Hi Anand,

Yes, I am using the S10 MX dev board.. And using the BoardTestSystems.exe GUI discovers the board and loads the FPGA with the different configurations. And yet I can't use the Quartus download manger to do so.

Thanks,

Des

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Strange. So I presume your Quartus project is set to the correct device. When you open the .sof file in the Programmer, does the correct part number appear? You don't need to use the auto detect (you can select any part in that list) if the targeted part shows up correctly in the Programmer extracted from the .sof.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
DValk1
Beginner

Hi Anand,

It is working now.

These are the steps:

1. Autodetect the JTAG chain.
  2. Select one of the offered device numbers, really doesn't matter which and it is irrelevant that the target device is not on the list. Selecting one of them despite all that.
  3. Right-click on the FPGA device on the JTAG chain diagram and select "Edit>Change File"
  4. Select the .sof file and after it is read by the tool the device part number will change to the one encoded in the .sof file.
  5. Select program/Configure and select Start.
  6. Configuration ends successfully.

Point 2. was confusing, but once you mention that I can select any part and it should just work, made me experiment a bit.

Thanks,

Des

0 Kudos
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Dessislav,

Thanks for sharing the solution here, which will help the community.

Regards

Anand

0 Kudos