Yes, I am using the S10 MX dev board.. And using the BoardTestSystems.exe GUI discovers the board and loads the FPGA with the different configurations. And yet I can't use the Quartus download manger to do so.
Strange. So I presume your Quartus project is set to the correct device. When you open the .sof file in the Programmer, does the correct part number appear? You don't need to use the auto detect (you can select any part in that list) if the targeted part shows up correctly in the Programmer extracted from the .sof.
It is working now.
These are the steps:
- Autodetect the JTAG chain.
- Select one of the offered device numbers, really doesn't matter which and it is irrelevant that the target device is not on the list. Selecting one of them despite all that.
- Right-click on the FPGA device on the JTAG chain diagram and select "Edit>Change File"
- Select the .sof file and after it is read by the tool the device part number will change to the one encoded in the .sof file.
- Select program/Configure and select Start.
- Configuration ends successfully.
Point 2. was confusing, but once you mention that I can select any part and it should just work, made me experiment a bit.