Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

How to control rising/falling time, sampling time of GXE Transceiver?

jhong28
Beginner

Pleas help me. I am trying to combine a transmitter to a receiver of GXE transceiver to drive and receive data from or to DUT. To implement this thing, I need three information, first is how to control TX buffer output disable during receiving data from DUT, second is how to control rising/failing time of TX buffer, the other is how to control sampling time. the control should be done by choosing, not by automatic method.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the S10 E-Tile transceivers. Please see my response as following:

1. first is how to control TX bufferoutput disable during receiving data from DUT

[CP] For your information, the TX pins and RX pins are separate and running simultaneously. They do not share the same IOs pin. You do not need to disable TX to receive data.

2. how to control rising/failing time of TX buffer

[CP] As I understand it, there is no specific option to control rising/falling time of TX buffer. Generally we would look at the TX equalization. You may refer to 3.1.1.1.2. TX Equalizer in the E-Tile user guide for further details on the supported equalization.

3. how to control sampling time

[CP] Sorry for any confusion. Would you mind to further elaborate on this? Are you referring to data rate of the transceiver?

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, it has been some time since I last heard from you. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
jhong28
Beginner

I want to combine transmitter with receiver, and need to control transmitter output with high-Z when some data is being received.  how to make transmitter with high-Z? this is my fist question.

the second qustion is how to control the timing of driving and receiving on tranceivers by myself.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
jhong28
Beginner

Hi,

I got additional information in the user manual " ug_etile_xcvr_phy ".

I have questions on table 13.

I wnat to use a tranceiver on Duplex mode, but dependently, which means if receiver enable, trasmitter and Ouput disable,  and some time later if transmitter and enabled, receiver disabled.

if i change attribute data from 0x0002 to 0x0005, is that correct?

After changing attribute data, any training is needed?

intel3.PNG

Thans a lot.

0 Kudos