Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

I am not able to program epcq128a with .jic file via jtag .

CSegu
Beginner

I noticed that I use ethernet blaster at JTAG frequecny 10kHz downloading of .jic file is succesdful. Can I reduce JTAG frequency of USB BLASTER2?

Attached is also a schematic showing the wiring between FPGA and EPCQ128. VCCPGM is set to 3.3V. I am using USB Blaster to program FPGA via JTAG. Can you help ? Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi CSegu,

Apologize for the delay as most of our agents are out of office due to the year end holidays. Thus please do expect some delay in response.

You mentioned that you are not able to program the EPCQ128A with .jic file via JTAG. However you also mentioned that you can use the ethernet blaster at JTAG frequecny 10kHz downloading of .jic file is successful. These 2 statement are contradicting each other. Are you seeing the .jic file programming failure when using USB Blaster II cable? What is exact failure and error message from Quartus programmer? You can refer to the following link for the step to change the USB Blaster II TCK value:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd10202016_518.html

Regards,

Nooraini

0 Kudos
CSegu
Beginner
Hi Nooraini, I am able to program EPCQ128A with.jic via JTAG using ethernet bluster. No download failure occurs. The issue is that when I turn off the FPGA board and re-power it up again, it is seems for some reason that the FPGA is not being programmed automatically from EPCQ128A device. What is the procedure for FPGA to be programmed automatically on power-up from EPCQ128A device? When I download .sof file using quartus programmer it runs automatically. Thank you. Regards, Clive
0 Kudos
Nooraini_Y_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos