Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

IC FPGA Stratix10-280 Temperature

Juan_Cazares
Beginner

I´ve been facing the same failure mode (InitSpineFpgaTempCorein more than 100 components.

I need info about:

• What cause this?
  • How to stop it?
  • SENSOR TEMP & DEVMEM 0X82040004

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please provide more details on the device design and setup.

• Are you using Intel Stratix 10 FPGA Temperature Sensor IP?
  • If yes, what is the Quartus version used to generate the programming file?
  • Can you confirm if the steps mentioned in Intel Stratix 10 Analog to Digital Converter User Guide, section 4.2 are exactly followed?

In your attached file, Stratix FA.pdf, the measured value in a working setup is 74 hex or 116 decimal. The value 116°C is beyond the operating conditions of 100°C. As per the datasheet, though the value is within Absolute Maximum rating, functional operation is not guaranteed.

To further debug this, can you please reduce the temperature below 100°C and get the reading?

Let us know the results.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Juan_Cazares
Beginner

Hi

74 value is already a decimal data (Degrees).

As you can see in the FA, the Hex value is 0x0000004A.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

HI Juan,

Does the failure happens everytime with a device?

Ant recovery mechanism that worked, like reset, power cycle, reprogramming the device etc.?

What is the interface used to measure the reading?

Please provide the details.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos