Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

If that MAX10 is SA or SC.

Ky8
Beginner

Hello.

Can the logic that I implemented in FPGA know which type FPGA is?

I want to notify if that MAX10(10M08**E144C8G) is SA or SC to an outside device.

Is there IP which have such information?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel coommunity.

• What is the logic implemented?
  • What is the outside device your are referring to?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Ky8
Beginner

Hello,
Aiman

Thank you very much.
Because I cannot get SA type now, I am going to use SC type instead for a while.

>What is the logic implemented?

It's Various. Almost of these is using Verilog.
Linear time code reader/generator , video sync separator , SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface) slave, and etc.
I also use IPs such as PLL, MULT, RAM.
If device is SA type, I will implement ADC and remote system upgrade.

>What is the outside device your are referring to?

It is a Microcontroller(Renesas RA3M6) which connected with MAX10 by SPI.
It's a host controller of this system.

I am sorry to be slow in noticing.
I must select SA or SC on "Assignment - Device" Window before I compile sources on Quartus Prime. Is it true?
If the same .pof file is usable for SA and SC, it is very good for simplification of managing .pof files. Is it impossible?

And if the same source file is usable for SA and SC, it is very good for simplification of managing source files.

When I select SC on "Assignment - Device" Window to generate .pof file for SC device,
is an error given if I do not exclude codes of ADC and remote system upgrade from source?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can try to get the device number by using unique chip ID. Please refer to below user guide:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/max-10/ug_m10_config.pdf (page 61)

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Ky8
Beginner

Hi, Aiman.

Thank you very much!

It is what I want to use definitely.Why was I not able to find it...
From now on I am going to read manuals and tools carefully.

Sincerely yours.

Kei

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ky8
Beginner

Hello!

Can you tell me which bits are corresponding to device type(name)?

I have started to check our boards which I put MAX10(10M08SC) on. Unique Chip ID's values seems to be different at some bits between each board.

Unique Chip ID includes Lot number and x, y cordinate of the die? It is shown on video "Using the Arria 10 Unique Chip ID feature"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9-DX20rJ0U

I cannot identify a device type because I do not know where is the part corresponding to the device type(name) in 64 bits.

Thank you very much.

Ky8

0 Kudos