Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Inkjet printer controller board

Abhaya_Venugopal
Beginner

We are developing a controller board for a unique colour inkjet printer (with 2400 nozzles). The client mentioned that we try building using an Altera FPGA board with a processor hard coded. Since my company is new to FPGA, would appreciate a feedback on the best FPGA to consider for this development.

I also noticed that Intel has some specific ASIC chips too. Any suggestions for using either FPGA or ASIC to build a stable controller board would help. We need to drive the 3 colors in the Printhead and the various sensors and motors.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Abhaya_Venugopal

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We understand that you have some inquiries regarding Intel® FPGA products and the development of a custom controller board. We would like to inform you that we have a forum for those specific products and questions so we are moving it to the Programmable Devices Forum so it can get answered more quickly.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KeenYewL_Intel

Hi Abhaya, may i suggest you to find the FPGA distributor from your region using this link : https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor

On the left panel, you could filter by country. There will be plenty of distributors who would gladly help you to identify the best Intel FPGA solution. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos