Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20623 Discussions

Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA short

Izdihar
Beginner

Hi, Our customer is experiencing failure for this MPN:10M16DAF256C8G whereby, shorts are found from C7,D7 & D8 to C8 & D6. We would like to request to send a few components to FA from our end. 

Rgds, Izi

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Izi,

C7,D7 & D8 : VCC
C8 & D6 : GND

VCC pins short to ground is one of the symptoms of EOS.
In order to avoid electrical damage, the device should always be handled in a static-free environment and all the input signals should remain within specified limits, as recommended in the PSG Data Book and associated application notes, at all times.

For your information, EOS is fall under mishandling issue.

Regards,

Wani

0 Kudos
Izdihar
Beginner

Hi Wani, 

This case was reported to your team earlier by my customer, reference num: IPS#00584552. I was informed to return the parts to you for FA. 

FYI, We are handling products in ESD safe environment and all this failure are fail at incoming board pretest failure. We have been tested and shipped around more than 1k boards and do not have issues and only seeing this batch failures recently. 

Please help to share the details for us to proceed for FA. 

Rgds, 

Izi

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hey great to know that you has filed the case for our previous IPS#00584552!!

Let's continue for next step. Sent you an email for further confidential information.

Wani

0 Kudos
Izdihar
Beginner

Hi Wani, 

I have been following up on the FA report for FACR#CI2107-8530 through mail but there were no replies. Are you able to update me on the progress of this FA?

Rgds, 

Izi

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Izi,

I am checking with the lab team and waiting the reply from them. I have sent a follow up request again to them just now to get the update.

Wani

0 Kudos