Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

MAX10 linker NIOS/e program to external Hyper RAM?

johny7401
Beginner

I have done a Hyper RAM controller by systemverilog and communicate to it due to "mm_pipeline_bridge" in QSYS. I can write and read data into my external Hyper RAM under NIOS program. Everything work correctly while accessing as data due to BASE_ADDRESS generated by QSYS.  But now  I want to put my code into external Hyper RAM and gotten failure. In Linker I composed a memory device an regions with appropriate addresses (QSYS), after that I have chosen in linker ( .bss, .heap, .stack, .rodata, .rwdata, .text) tab of bsp editor and set composed regions. Everything is compiled. No errors. And all .hex files generated (on_chip_flash.hex, mm_bridge_0.hex and on_memory_0.hex). After that I have generated a .pof file and chosen option "load memory file" with "on_chip_flash.hex".

What I must do to run my code from external Hyper RAM?

Big request to all: PLEASE, DO NOT ANSWER ME IN ABSTRACT STYLE OR REFER ME TO "n2sw_nii5v2gen2.pdf" HEAD 7.15.2.2. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @johny7401,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, apologies for the slow response and hope this message find you well.
A few clarification if I may, is it convenient for you to share the qsys and nios project for us to check further?
And after all the steps mention, compilation are good with no error, but after the .pof are loaded, nothing is happening without any error showing up?
Please do let me know if I misunderstand the situation.

Warm regards.
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @johny7401,

Greeting, by any chances did you managed to look into the clarification above.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warm regards

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @johny7401,

Hope this message find you well and good day, unfortunately as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

Warm Regards
BB

0 Kudos