Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

Max+Plus II

Mark63
Beginner

Can anyone tell me where I can go to download Max+Plus II V. 10.2 and 10.23? Plus, do I need a license to install the program since it is not supported by Intel anymore? Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

MaxPlusII (any version) is no longer available for download online by Intel/Altera. They removed all deprecated s/w a while ago.

QuartusII 13.0sp1 is the earliest version available for download.

You can download the free (web) and subscription versions here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/collections/products/fpga/software/downloads.html?edition=lite&platform=windows&s=Newest&f:guidetmD240C377263B4C70A4EA0E452D0182CA=[Quartus%C2%AE%20II%20Software]

0 Kudos
Mark63
Beginner

Yes. I am aware of the situation with Max+Plus II, however, the device I need to program is EP20K100QI240-2 which is only supported by Max+Plus II programming software that I am aware of. Unless there is a Quartus version that can support programming of this device. I don't think Quartus 13.0 supports this device.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Quartus 13.0sp1 (earliest now available) unfortunately not. That is a 2004 or so series device that went EOL in 2016.

That version of MaxPlus maybe you might find on the web somewhere. It probably requires WinXP to run.

And the programming hardware? Likely a Byte Blaster attached to a parallel LPT port.

At least it is a JTAG programmable device.

So do just need to program a device with an existing binary file, or do you need to change the functionality as well?

0 Kudos
Mark63
Beginner

Yes. I am in need to just program several devices with an existing binary file. I just need to find somewhere I can download the version of Max+Plus II.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update answer @ak6dn!. Yes, the Max+Plus II s/w is not available for download anymore, apologize for the troublesome and hope clears up this matter. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you Max+Plus II s/w is not 

0 Kudos