Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

Max10, Error: I/O standard assignment 3.3 V to pin is not supported by device

fogl
Novice

Hello everybody,

Does anybody have an idea why i cannot set the 3.3V ttl/cmos outpu on Max10 device.

If i add a line to the .sdc file "set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD 3.3V -to clk_i" i get complains from quartus that "Error (169059): I/O standard assignment 3.3 V to pin is not supported by device. Why is that? Tha datasheet says 3.3V is supported in Max10. Any idea?

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Can I get your full OPN device number? Have you tried assigning your pins by using 'Pin Assignment' on Quartus and see if you still get the same problem?

Thank you,

Amin

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Two things: 1) assignments like this go into the .qsf file, not the .sdc file.  I don't know if that's part of the problem, but only timing constraints go in .sdc.  Everything else goes in the .qsf.

2) Can you try making the assignment to the actual numbered pin (easily done in the Pin Planner) instead of the signal name?

But also as mentioned, the particular device you are using may have limitations, so it would be useful to provide that info.

#iwork4intel

0 Kudos
fogl
Novice

Thank you for your reply.

Actually i added this line to project .tcl file (not .sdc). Now i tried to set the io standard in pin planner GUI and export the .tcl of the project. It showed a bit different syntax: "set_instance_assignment -name IO_STANDARD "3.3-V LVCMOS" -to clk_i".

So if i use this syntax for now it seems to work fine

Regards

0 Kudos