Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

MaxPlus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Suddenly this morning my MAXplusII software quit running mid project. it has a box that says invalid authorization code. It has been installed with the same software sentinel for probably 20 years. Any thoughts as to how to make it run again?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Set the year in the date for your computer to 2016 or earlier and see if it starts working again. 

Maybe the 'forever' date setup in the dongle was set at 20 years (because that was 'forever' back then) and nobody expected you to be using it 20yrs later.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Set the year in the date for your computer to 2016 or earlier and see if it starts working again. 

Maybe the 'forever' date setup in the dongle was set at 20 years (because that was 'forever' back then) and nobody expected you to be using it 20yrs later. 

--- Quote End ---  

Good thought. Ill try setting the date back. I don't I don't know if these old 25 pin sentinals that plug into t parallel port are that smart. I had one on another program that used them and stopped working because the originals had a battery in them that died 7 or 8 years later. I think these later ones were powered from the port? My only reason for trying to get Maxplus to run again is I use a lot of the classic EP320 and EP610 in audio consoles as the control input because we can reprogram it to work with other manufacturers outboard equipment and Quartus doesn't support Classic series devices. Besides I have several hundred of the devices. 3days later no response from Altera . their customer support page is in a endless loop that when you fill in the box it returns "contact customer service" and when you click that link it presents the same non functional box. Their phone number rings three times then gets a busy signal.
0 Kudos