Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

NIOS 2 Development: Compile

drecassiano
Beginner

I create a NIOS 2 processor in platform designer 18.1 and then transferred into a Verilog file and then I do the following below in Quartus prime lite edition18.1.

• (double click) core(dir)
  • (select) core_inst.v
  • (click) Open

• Template to instantiate 
  • Select All: Copy 
  • Open: DE10_LITE_Golden_Top.v
  • Past Core: change u0 to u3

When I do start analysis and elaboration I get the this error

Error (12006): Node instance "u3" instantiates undefined entity "core". Ensure that required library paths are specified correctly, define the specified entity, or change the instantiation. If this entity represents Intel FPGA or third-party IP, generate the synthesis files for the IP.

If anyone could please help me out on this error? 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Did you add the .qip or .qsys file to your Quartus project (Project menu -> Add/Remove files in project)?  Either way, your PD system file must be named core.qsys.  core.qip will not be created unless you manually generate your PD system, so it's usually easier to just add the .qsys file to your project so the system gets generated every time you compile your project.

0 Kudos
drecassiano
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I have tried adding the core.qsys with the DE10_LITE_Golden_Top Verilog as can be seen below but still no luck as the following error messages get shown when compilation is finished.  Let me know if anyone knows the solution?

drecassiano_1-1648056417170.png

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any further update or concern?

Thanks,

Sheng

0 Kudos
drecassiano
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I have tried adding the core.qsys with the DE10_LITE_Golden_Top Verilog as can be seen below but still no luck as the following error messages get shown when compilation is finished.  Let me know if anyone knows the solution?

drecassiano_2-1648057564631.png

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you show your Platform Designer system?  Something is simply not connected correctly.

0 Kudos
drecassiano
Beginner

I am trying to send the core.qsys file through but the file format is not supported through the forum. how is the best way to send the file?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

It'll be easier if you upload a zip, qar, tar, 7z or rar file.

0 Kudos
drecassiano
Beginner

I have posted a .rar file with the files. Let me if you know the solution?

0 Kudos
drecassiano
Beginner

I have posted a .rar file with the files. Let me if you know the solution?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Below are the instantiations of core u3 in DE10_LITE_Golden_Top.v :

.altpll_0_c1_c1k ( ),

.altpll_1_areset_conduit_export (ARDUINO_IO[2]),

.altpll_1_locked_conduit_export (ARDUINO_IO[3])

As sstrell mentioned earlier, this is interconnection problem. I don't see ports above altpll_0_c1_c1k, altpll_1_areset_conduit_export and altpll_1_locked_conduit_export being instantiated in core.v as well as core_inst.v. May be you have to check again. There is no error at altpll_0_c1_c1k because it is not being connected yet.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any further update or should I consider the case closed?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Since there are no further feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you.

0 Kudos