Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Question regarding MAX10 and clock switchover

LBeau2
Beginner

Hello,

So for my product, I have already coded an SPI shift registers, then, in another module, I am comparing magnitude of 2 seperate bytes with upper and lower limit then simply output to some pin in a non-deterministic fashion, there is not some other dataset to be synched with. Not much fancy. Clocks to be sampled are running @ 150Mhz or 108Mhz.

In all I have 4 clock pins, connected as such, with an active oscillator.

Possibly I would like to re-use the calculation logic and simply change clocks.

Here is some rough sketch idea, sorry for my little experience but I started verilog for this project 2 weeks ago, I had studied it a bit before.

Basically I am asking help on how to get started as it regards the primitive syntax, I would prefer a rough sketch, yet detailed enough that I can be on my way. An example with some directive on how to accomplish a bug free switchover using my particular setup.

Thank you.

always @(posedge main_clk)begin   if(silence_inv==1'b0) begin   calculation .... end end   always @(posedge mcu_clk)begin   if(silence_inv==1'b1) begin   calculation .... end end

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LBeau2
Beginner

Hello???

You have never helped anybody before with this, I Iooked on the forum, where are the old Altera forums?

Do I have to pay for help? Because I will...

Please help!

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know what device you are using? You may use ALTCLKCTRL for clock swicthover. ALTCLKCTRL represents clock buffers that drive the Global Clock Network, the regional Clock Network, and the dedicated External Clock Path. You can select up to 4 clock inputs.

Here is the IP user guide for reference.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_altclock.pdf

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LBeau2
Beginner

Hello thank you so much for your response,

I am using anything from the tqfp144 10m08sce144c8g, on single supply 3.3v

Any more specific help?

A picture of the organization setup v files you would use? Example code?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Do you mean a .v file to instantiate the ALTCLKCTRL?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LBeau2
Beginner

Yes, Can I send you my project?

Its very small only 4 files.

You will understand in less than 30 seconds.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Sure. You may create the design .qar by clicking Project > Archive Project > Archive. What is the software edition and version you are using?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know if you have any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos