Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Recovery source code

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all, 

I constitued a pof file (by "examine" feature of the programmer) from a product which came back from client. By examine the content could I know when the *.pof inside the EPCS4 was generated? That help me to target my source code (because I have many). 

Could I convert the pof file in sof file and then determine the date? 

Many thank for your answers and helps 

Stef
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

You can check using checksum which is much easier. 

Yes you can see information such Quartus Version,project build date and flash device part number in .pof file.  

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The Quartus version, build date and device part number may well be stored in a .pof generated by Quartus. However, this information isn't programmed into the device. So any .pof generated by examining the device will not have the info you're looking for. It may well have populated these fields. However, you'll find the Quartus version will be the one you've used to examine the device, not the original version. The build date is likely to be the examine date and device part number is fixed. 

Altera don't openly publish the .pof file format. So, you're at the mercy of Quartus and what info it presents. You can search around for some info on the file format. There are a number that appear credible. 

However, the checksum - as suggested - should be valid and much easier. 

Cheers, 

Alex
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi,  

You can check using checksum which is much easier. 

Yes you can see information such Quartus Version,project build date and flash device part number in .pof file.  

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation) 

--- Quote End ---  

Many thanks for your answer
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you guy !!

0 Kudos