Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

SATA 3.0 layout impedance

Shifali15
New Contributor I

Hi,

What is the trace impedance recommended for SATA 3.0 interface for Intel processors

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Shifali15, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, could you please provide a detailed description of what is the information that you are looking for, what do you mean by layout impedance/trace impedance?

Just to let you know, the specifications for each Intel® Processor are different, is there any specific Intel® Processor model that you are referring to? Please provide the model of it so we can check the specifications/

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Shifali15, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Shifali15
New Contributor I

Hi ,

I will be using Intel® Core™ i5-7500T Processor in my board. 

Do Intel processors support 100ohm impedance as well

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Shifali15, Thank you very much for providing the model of the Intel® Processor.

Could you please provide a detailed description of what is the information that you are looking for, what do you mean by layout impedance/trace impedance?

Is there any particular reason why you need that information? 

Are you a developer, designing a hardware/software project?

Are you working on a specific platform?

Are you using an Intel® hardware besides the processor?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Shifali15
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am a hardware design engineer. I want to know what is the recommended impedance at which SATA 3.0 signals can be routed.

Besides the processor I am using Enpirion regulators

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi Shifali15, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Shifali15, I just received an update on this matter.

I just moved your post to the proper department, they will further assist you with this matter as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello Shifali15, I just received another update on this matter.

In order to gather the information that you are looking for, please verify the link below for additional information on this topic, page 60:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/200-series-chipset-pch-datasheet-vol-1.pdf 

If by any chance the details needed are not showing in there, then please get in contact directly with your FAE (Field Application Engineer), and if you do not have one then please get in contact directly with the Intel® Authorized distributors to get assistance from one of the FAEs in there:

https://marketplace.intel.com/s/pmp-partner-program/a723b0000008PICAA2/distributor?language=en_US

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos