Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20873 Discussions

.V files not showing up in project navigator hierarchy tab

msager
Novice

Hello, 

In my project only the top level .bdf file is showing up in the project navigator hierarchy tab. For some reason the .v files are not showing. I am attaching a picture of the .bdf file. I saved all the .v files and they are all in the files tab and also within the .bdf file. I just don't know why they're not showing up. 

Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
msager
Novice

The compilation doesn't finish I let it run for a long time. I am not sure what the issue was but I made a new project and re-did everything and it worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That's not how the Hierarchy tab works.  The Hierarchy tab displays your project hierarchy after you've performed at least Analysis & Elaboration from the Processing menu, which checks your design files for errors and builds the hierarchy based on your connections and instantiations.  It looks like you have not run Analysis & Elaboration or full synthesis yet in this design.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Can you check if after you run the elaboration still facing the problem? If yes, can you attached your design to us?

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Not sure if you have update on the request above?

0 Kudos
msager
Novice

When I try to "Start Compilation"  it stops at "Analysis and Synthesis" phase. I also don't get any errors just warnings.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

That screenshot shows that the compiler is still running.  You have to wait for it to finish.

And you should check the warnings against your design to see if they are acceptable or if you need to fix something.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Sstrel is right, you will need to make sure the compilation is finished before can see the hierarchy. Do let us know if you are facing any issue.

0 Kudos
msager
Novice

The compilation doesn't finish I let it run for a long time. I am not sure what the issue was but I made a new project and re-did everything and it worked.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

It is great to hear that it was finally working, sometime we will have to refresh the project to make it work. Any further question? if no, we shall close this thread.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Since this thread have mark with solution accepted, we shall close this thread.

0 Kudos