Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20623 Discussions

What are reference clock frequencies supported by dedicated xcvr reference clock pins of Stratix 10?

SK_VA
Beginner

Hi ,

I want to use dedicated xcvr reference clock pins as reference clock source for Serdes.

I would like to know what frequencies are supported and the source of this clock?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

If you open S10 NativePHY IP, then there is a list of selection of supported frequency range for user to choose from

As for the source of transceiver refclk pin like CDR refclk, you can connect it to on board oscillator, crystal or clock generator chip.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
SK_VA
Beginner

Thanks.

I wanted to use transceiver toolkit in my design. Design is compiled with quartus 19.1.

Can I use the transceiver toolkit of the design with quartus 19.3.

Is there any dependany on quartus version.

Regards,

Sanju

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Pls use the Quartus toolkit that's same version with your Quartus design compiled version to avoid unnecessary compatibility issue.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
SK_VA
Beginner

Thanks.I am able to run the transceiver toolkit design in 19.3.

Is there any options to control the IP settings of PHY and PLL outside the GUI.

For Example if I want to change the data rate and other settings of the IP without opening platform designer GUI?

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

One of the method will be to use dynamic reconfiguration feature to change transceiver setting in real time operation.

You can read more about dynamic reconfiguration feature in below user guide chapter 6

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
SK_VA
Beginner

Hi ,

I don't want to change the settings dynamically. I want to compile new build with new settings of IP.But It would be easy if i can do it outside GUI so that I can use some script to change the settings and compile.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Ok, I understand what you want now.

You can refer to Quartus handbook doc (chapter 9.19 Qsys Pro Command-Line Utilities, page 385 onwards) for the scripting command line support

One thing to take note is this is more dangerous path as compared to IP generation by GUI. You need to know and set the correct parameter for proper IP generation.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
SK_VA
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks.

Please help me with any example TCL script that defines the transceiver parameters.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Sorry, I seldom use TCL.

Typically I just set the setting in the IP GUI itself.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos