Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

What is the internal reference voltage in MAX10 FPGAs, especially single supply.

Vocabularix
Novice

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing documentation about the MAX10 family, and I will be using the 10M04SAU169 for an application that requires some analog to digital conversion.

The documentation hasn't been explicit about the internal voltage reference. The only piece of information that I could find brought more questions (see attached, from the ADC User Guide, page 47).

I will be powering the chip (which is single supply) with a single 3,3 V regulator. 

What will be the internal voltage reference ? I simply wish to know if it is worth using an external voltage reference. Also, I haven't found any other electrical specifications about this internal reference, most importantly it's noise level and PSRR.

Thank you for you time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Timothée

The internal reference voltage for Max10 ADC will be using the on-chip 2.5V source. Unfortunately we don't have published spec on this internal reference voltage. What is the concern/issue you are hitting by using internal reference voltage for ADC? 

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Timothée

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos