Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20645 Discussions

Which is the supporting programmer tool for EPM7192GC160(MAX7000 series)?

Kranthi
Beginner

Hello

I have a MAX7000 series EPM7192GC160 device and Altera Programming Unit with PLMG7192 adapter.

I have tried some quartus II Lite versions to program my device but I did'nt find my device in the list.

I also added the device supported package for MAX7000 series to Quartus II software.

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

What version of QuartusII are you using? MAX7000 series requires 11.0sp1 or earlier.

0 Kudos
Kranthi
Beginner

I was using Quartus II 13.0 version.

And i have one question, Is Quartus II support reading from device?

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

In a word, no. You can program and verify the device, but you CANNOT read back the POF file image from the device. Altera removed that capability (it is greyed out).

To read the POF file, you need to go back to the last version of MaxPlusII or attach the device to a standalone programmer that supports programming/reading these devices.

IE, an EEtools TopMaxII programmer with the appropriate adapter supports OFFLINE (ie, out of circuit) programming/verifying/reading of the MAX7K series from Altera.

0 Kudos
Kranthi
Beginner

Thank You for your quick support.

I have installed the Max+Plus 2 software and attached the APU programmer with PLM7192 adapter. The device was detected by the MAX+Plus2 software and by using examine option read the data successfully but while verifying the read .pof file with device it was getting errors. If i programmed that read .pof file to another device then the verifying was successful but I didnt understand whether the read .pof file is appropriate or it was getting garbage.

I was attaching my read .pof file to this. Please find the attachment.

0 Kudos
Kranthi
Beginner

And my device was an EPROM device EPM7192EGC160

0 Kudos