Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Why my Intel Cyclone10 GX can't connect to 10Gbps network adapter on PC ?

SGeor22
Novice

Configuration: 
1) A board Intel Cyclone10 GX FPGA Development Kit
2) a network adapter on PC: 10Gbps Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter X520-1
3) I connect using fibre cable.

I see no LEDs on network adapter when it connects to my board on Cyclone10 GX.

But when I connects two PC with the same network adapters - LEDs works and PCs connected successfully.
When I connects two Cyclone10 GX boards connection established and works.

Below I explain my a step sequence to establish connection between Cyclone 10GX and PC.

My question is: Are the step sequence right?  Or I do something wrong? 

Manual:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.18.01.png

My steps:

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.20.02.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.20.47.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.20.14.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.20.21.png

Thanks a lot.

ps.

I've tried to describe my whole issue in a previous post: https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/No-LEDs-on-10Gbps-Intel-R-Ethernet-Server-Adapter-X520-1-Intel/m-p/1236438#M78191

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Sgeor22,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

We are sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing with your setup.

Your thread was assigned to us so we can check the network adapter side of things. Although, it works when connecting two network adapters together, we need to check if something from the adapter is causing it to no establish a link with your Cyclone FPGA.

We would like to get some configuration logs for your system with the Intel® network adapter. May we know what Operating System are you using for the Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter X520?

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
SGeor22
Novice

We would like to get some configuration logs for your system with the Intel® network adapter.

Of course. Where these logs can be found on the system?

May we know what Operating System are you using for the Intel(R) Ethernet Server Adapter X520?

Windows 10 x64

0 Kudos
SGeor22
Novice
1) Does the network adapter support 10GE protocol which is implemented in  FPGA Cyclone10GX ?

2) In my post I attached a piece of documentation which describes interaction on PHY-level FPGA Cyclone 10GX and MAC level  of code which is written for FPGA Cyclone 10GX project,  in case of handling Local / Remote Fault.

3) So my question is: should I implement a procedure to handle messages Local / Remote Fault to establish a point-to-point connection between PC and FPGA Cyclone 10GX?

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Sgeor22,

Thank you for providing the Operating System that you are using our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

To better assist you, we need to get some logs from your system. It will tell us the different driver version and components installed on your system. Please download and run our Intel® System Support Utility from this page, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-. After running it, you will be given an option to save the logs to a text file, please do so and attach the file on your reply.

To address your questions, we will first need to check if there is something on the network adapter side that is causing the issue. After that, we will check the best team who will be able to answer your 3 latest questions.

We look forward to hearing from you. If we do not get your reply, we will follow up after 3 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Sgeor22,

We are just following up.

It looks like you need more time to provide the information that we asked.

We will follow up again after 3 business days. Should we not hear from you, our system may automatically close the thread.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Sgeor22, 

We need to close this thread since we have not gotten a response from you: maybe because you are busy or preoccupied at the moment. We know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to give you the right solution; as much as we would like to assist you, we need to close it to attend to other customers. We hope for your consideration and understanding on this one.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Thank you for contacting Intel® and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos