Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

any generic solution for usbblaster driver issue for all tool verison

venkatasateesh
Beginner

hi 

i am working with alter quartus  prime lite edition 20 in windows 10 system.i am new to the quartus platform. the issue is that the usb blasters are not updating by provided solution in community as well as in google search ,it very difficult  situation about this usb blaster issue ,i tried upto 7 days could get solution for this .i am requesting anyone can help me to this issue

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you contacting Intel community.

We are sorry for the inconveniences.

The drivers patch we have is not working for Quartus Prime Lite.

Here is a manual method that you can try:

Manual Method:

1 - Go to windows 10 settings and search for "advanced startup options"

2 - Under Advanced startup, hit "Restart now"

3 - After a moment, you'll get a "choose an option" screen - choose "Troubleshoot", then "Advanced options", then "Startup Settings"

4 - You'll get a screen telling you what you will be able to change and a single "Restart" button - press it.

5 - If your boot drive is BitLocker encrypted, you'll need to enter the recovery key (press return, enter the key in the text box then hit return again - it took me three goes to realize I had to hit return before I could enter they key !)

6 - You'll be given a menu of options, number 7 disables driver signature enforcement

7 - When the PC restarts, use Device manager to update the drivers - this time you'll get a warning about the signature, but they install fine.

8 - When you've finished, restart normally to re-enable signature enforcement

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
venkatasateesh
Beginner

Hi dear intel team,

what is this recovery key? where i will get recovery key  

i am looking forward for your response

Thanks&Regards

sateesh

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos