Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

confusion flash data port cyclone iv

nome
Novice
hello
i new in pfl flash programing i am using arria fpga below picture i have attached there is no flash data port connected with cpld only connected with fpga Cyclone iv
my question is how to program flash memory from cpld ?if there is no data port between flash and cpld
and another question in my case arria ii gx series can I use AN478 Using FPGA-Based Parallel
Flash Loader with the
Quartus II Software
on my fpga series
Thanks
Nome
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

You can directly program a flash file using .pof ile through JTAG interface if available.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The screen shot is just an example block diagram focusing on the Fast Passive Parallel (FPP) configuration. It does not intend to depict how the flash/external memory should be configured.

It depends upon the application and system connectivity of the memory on how it gets programmed.

Regards.

0 Kudos
nome
Novice

Hello

Thanks for Reply

Would you please elaborate us how possibility to program Nor Parallel Flash M29EW without CPLD and PFL if I am using Arria ii GX? 

I follow AN478 pdf  but nothing done 

Thanks 

Nome

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

You can directly program a flash file using .pof ile through JTAG interface if available.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos