Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20644 Discussions

ipgenerate does not generate SPD files

grspbr
Novice

I’ve been working on scripting the batch simulation of our project for quite a few days now and I cannot find a way to generate SPD files when I run the ipgenerate command. I’ve searched extensively and cannot find a solution from any user, on intel’s community or elsewhere. (The SPD files contain a list of files for simulation.)

I’m using these commands but the second command fails indicating that the SPD files do not exist – otherwise all the other files appear to be generated:

• quartus_ipgenerate mcd4 --rev top --generate_project_ip_files --simulation=verilog --clear_ip_generation_dirs
  • /INTELFPGA_PRO_21.2/qsys/bin/ip-setup-simulation --quartus-project=mcd4 --simulator=RIVIERA

This is working when I do it manually from the Quartus GUI – i.e. generate IP, then generate the simulation setup files for RIVIERA.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I tested the command line with no problem. SPD file is generated after running quartus_ipgenerate and there is no error with ip-setup-simulation. Could you test on the file attached? I use the following command:

• quartus_ipgenerate --generate_project_ip_files --synthesis=verilog --simulation=verilog --clear_ip_generation_dirs .../generic_flash_access_project/top --rev top1
  • ip-setup-simulation --quartus-project=.../generic_flash_access_project/top --simulator=RIVIERA

Or may be you can try to specify the project path and see.

Best Regards,

Sheng

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
grspbr
Novice

Hi @ShengN_Intel 

Please see the attached console output from our Jenkins build. I tried your command lines and still have a problem.

Greg

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know any further update or consideration?

Have your problem being resolved?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Sheng

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Since there are no further feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you.

0 Kudos
grspbr
Novice

Hi Sheng,

Sorry for the delay, I did not receive any notificiation that there was a response to my issue.

Your response is good news. However I tried using our quartus 21.2 and 22.1 versions a both failed to generate the SPD files.

I will try your project. Please leave this thread open.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
grspbr
Novice

Hi @ShengN_Intel 

Please see the attached console output from our Jenkins build. I tried your command lines and still have a problem.

Greg

0 Kudos