Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

v1495 Quartus II device library

hazeltet845
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to use the CAEN v1495 board in Quartus II 13.1 Web edition. I know that this board is not supported in version 13.1 so I need an earlier version of Quartus II. The Intel website does not allow downloads of this software for earlier versions than 13.1. Is there anywhere I can find ways to download earlier versions, like 10.1? Or is there any way to gain access to download earlier versions from Intel. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

If you want to use the specific software version that has been discontinued, I can help to request this for you but need confirmation that a valid NDA exists between the Intel and your company. Else, you may need to contact your local Intel Sales representative or distributors to get help on this.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Best I can glean from a bit of googling is that the CAEN v1495 board series uses a Cyclone I EP1C20 series part.

Quartus 13.0sp1 SUBSCRIPTION EDITION (paid) supports the Cyclone I series:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/711920/intel-quartus-ii-subscription-edition-design-software-version-13-0sp1-for-windows.html

Unfortunately the Quartus 13.0sp1 Web (free) edition does not. It only supports Cyclone II and later.

I have no idea if the Cyclone .qdz device files from the Subscription (paid) version will work with the Web (free) version of 13.0sp1

I routinely use 13.0sp1 Web edition for MAX7K and MAX3K, and Cyclone II board support. But I have no Cyclone I devices.

Maybe someone else knows if the .qdz file is usable. Or if you have to buy a license and use the paid version.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

@hazeltet845 I have sent you an email. Please help to provide the information needed to request for discontinued software.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos