Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
19653 Discussions

v1495 Quartus II device library

hazeltet845
Beginner

Hello, I am trying to use the CAEN v1495 board in Quartus II 13.1 Web edition. I know that this board is not supported in version 13.1 so I need an earlier version of Quartus II. The Intel website does not allow downloads of this software for earlier versions than 13.1. Is there anywhere I can find ways to download earlier versions, like 10.1? Or is there any way to gain access to download earlier versions from Intel. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

If you want to use the specific software version that has been discontinued, I can help to request this for you but need confirmation that a valid NDA exists between the Intel and your company. Else, you may need to contact your local Intel Sales representative or distributors to get help on this.

ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Best I can glean from a bit of googling is that the CAEN v1495 board series uses a Cyclone I EP1C20 series part.

Quartus 13.0sp1 SUBSCRIPTION EDITION (paid) supports the Cyclone I series:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/711920/intel-quartus-ii-subscription-edition-de...

Unfortunately the Quartus 13.0sp1 Web (free) edition does not. It only supports Cyclone II and later.

I have no idea if the Cyclone .qdz device files from the Subscription (paid) version will work with the Web (free) version of 13.0sp1

I routinely use 13.0sp1 Web edition for MAX7K and MAX3K, and Cyclone II board support. But I have no Cyclone I devices.

Maybe someone else knows if the .qdz file is usable. Or if you have to buy a license and use the paid version.

RichardTanSY_Intel

@hazeltet845 I have sent you an email. Please help to provide the information needed to request for discontinued software.

Thanks.

RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.