Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

RST for i7-860

CSemn
Beginner

Hello,

I uninstalled an old version of RST on my desktop. I am now pulling the latest version to install (17.8.0.1065). Always get platform not supported. What can I do?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What platform? Windows 10? You know the i7-860 is not a supported processor on Windows 10, correct?

Doc

0 Kudos
CSemn
Beginner

I am running windows 10 64 bit pro. I didn't know it wasn't supported. The old version of RST seemed to be working but not sure if there is an updated one that I should use.

Running 2 SSDs and 2 HDD

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You can - and should - go back to the older version; there is no support for your chipset in the latest versions. There is an install package for v14.8.16.1063 available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005.

...S

0 Kudos
CSemn
Beginner

Thank you. I just tried that one as well. Still no dice. It says the same thing where the platform is not supported.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Hhmmm, the problem is you want support for Windows 10, right? From everything I can see, the versions that have support for Windows 10 only have support back through the 8 Series boards; there are no releases that support Windows 10 and 5 Series boards.

...S

0 Kudos
CSemn
Beginner

Appreciate your help! Yeah this PC has been running for years. May be time to retire and upgrade. ​

0 Kudos