Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2046 Discussions

Unable to inject the driver into Windows Recovery Partition

a94cobra
Beginner

I am trying to install the RST drivers so I can utilize my Intel Optane 16gb stick to speed up my sata HDD in the Dell Optiplex 7080 micro.  I get the error "Unable to inject the driver into Windows Recovery Partition"

I chatted with Intel support.  They sent me here.

It was recommended to update all my softwate and BIOS.  I have done all that and no go on getting the driver to install.

Where do I go from here.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do you have a 10mb partition at the end of your drive, after the recover partition?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
a94cobra
Beginner

Here is what my drives looks like.   25mb at the end.  More than needed.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello a94cobra,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following reports and information to continue with your support.

- Please run the following tool and attach the report generated.  

- Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU)

Download link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

•          Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information

•          By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  

•          Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

•          To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

- Please use the instructions in the link below and attach the report generated by your Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) to your next response.

System Reports for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

- Did the Optane memory module came preinstalled in your system or did you add it yourself?

- Are you trying to inject our drivers or Dell drivers?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
a94cobra
Beginner

I upgraded the SSD to a sata HDD for bigger capacity.  Then trying to add the Optane memory to speed up the larger sata drive.

I have tried several drivers, but the last one I am on per Intel is the 17.9.1.1009 Dell version.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello a94cobra,

In this case, we need to inform you that for this kind of procedure Intel does not offer support since this procedure is out of our scope; however, we understand what you are trying to achieve and we can sort of guide you to what you need to accomplish it.

In order to inject the driver, you will need the F6flpy-x64 (Non-Intel® VMD).zip driver package where you can get in the link down below, besides that you will need software capable of doing slipstream.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29978/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Driver-Installation-Software-with-Intel-Optane-Memory

Once you find software capable of doing slipstream please take into consideration that for any doubt about how to use it or for any instructions. you will need to contact the specific developer of the software.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos
a94cobra
Beginner

So reinstalling windows 10 with the non intel vmd drivers would work?

0 Kudos
a94cobra
Beginner

I was really excited to try the Optane memory as a booster.  But this is way to much effort.  I just swapped in a 256gb NVMe SSD to boot from.  Use the HDD as just the storage drive.   Sell the Optane on ebay.  Problem solved.  But thanks for all the help trying to get this going.

0 Kudos
Victor_G_Intel

Hello a94cobra,

Based on your decision, we will proceed to close this thread; however, if you need any additional information; you are more than welcome to submit a new question just remember that this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Victor G.

0 Kudos